P2P bike sharing program
For those of us who are used to do their errands by riding bicycles, Moving around in the cities on feet or by public transport seems so slow and not at all fun, specially if one is travelling in another city and wants to make the most of his/her time.
Having a bicycle in the city that one is visiting, would change the whole experience and bring a lot of joy along with extra exploration which without bike was not possible.
Although many big cities are trending to start bike sharing projects, But still most of the cities lack a proper bike sharing platform. in Cyclingboom we have developped a platform which make it possible for cyclists who own spare bikes(no matter how old are they) to share with community and opens the possibility to find a bike to ride in cities without bike sharing plans.
Even in cities with bike sharing plans, as acquiring and maintanance of these bikes are rather high, the cost of using them also could be quite high compared to public transport.
No Matter how old are the spare bikes, They are always an asset when one is travelling and wishes to explore more places.
- Cyclists usually have some sort of personal attachment to their bikes, so if a cyclist accepted to generously lend you his/her bike, you are expected to take care of it and to give it back with the same condition if not a better one.
- If you are going to ask for someone’s bike, please make sure to complete your profile in advanced so they know who they are going to lend a bike. the more you write about you and ascertain your identity, the more is probable to receive a positive response from a peer cyclist to lend you a bike.
- Write a good letter, introduce yourself tell them about your plans; Ask them wheather or not they can join you for a ride; Connect with them in a more social manner rather than asking for a free bicycle...
- You may want to compensate the generous act of the one who shares a bike with you and do something in return for them. (a little souvenir from your city or any other act of gratitude like that. If you dont have any clue what to get them as a gift, maybe you could try our cycling inspired jewelry designs.)
- If you own a spare bike, it would Be fair if you also List your bicycle for sharing .
- If you prefer to rent a bike, you should indicate the rent price in bike condition section.
Bikes for share
|City||Province||Country||picture||Bicycle condition||Bike share availability||Contact|
|Commuter||milano||Milano||Italy||Its a long time that it needs an overhaul but it still rides..||Maybe||mohsen|
|My Spare Rossignoli||Milano||Milano||Italy||Yes||mohsen|
|Mens Mountain Bike - Old but goes well||Willunga||South Australia||Australia||Old but decent condition, I often ride the 40km from Willunga to Adelaide city centre.||Yes||lunny06|
|Leo's Bike||Beer Sheva||Israel||city bike for a day||Yes||Leo|
|Terässiipi 3-vaihteinen naistenpyörä||Pori||Finland||More than 10 years old but works ok. I rent it for 1 € per day and ask 20 € as a deposit (you'||Rental||HeikkiR|
|Simple Bicycle 5*3 Gears||Phagwara||Punjab||India||Three years old, Ready for a ride, Free.||Yes||Harjinder|
|Perle||München||Bayern||Germany||it is a very old bike, i just use it to get trough the city, but to discover munich it is enough.||Yes||Birgit|
|Tatonka||Grafing bei München||Bayern||Germany||it is old, i bought it 2001, but it is still able to climbe mountains :-) i am riding it too!||Maybe||Birgit|
|Felix||Berlin||Berlin||Germany||Roadworthy condition. Please see our project to request borrowing this bike.||Maybe||BikeSurfBerlin|
|Bouloudis||Berlin||Berlin||Germany||Roadworthy condition. Please see our project to request borrowing this bike.||Maybe||BikeSurfBerlin|
|Wegry||Berlin||Berlin||Germany||Roadworthy condition. Please see our project to request borrowing this bike.||Maybe||BikeSurfBerlin|
|Lars||Berlin||Berlin||Germany||Roadworthy condition. Please see our project to request borrowing this bike.||Maybe||BikeSurfBerlin|
|Juggler||Berlin||Berlin||Germany||Roadworthy condition. Please see our project to request borrowing this bike.||Maybe||BikeSurfBerlin|
|gonewild||Berlin||Berlin||Germany||Roadworthy condition. Please see our project to request borrowing this bike.||Maybe||BikeSurfBerlin|