SHYSPY | GPS/GSM Tracker For Bicycles
SHYSPY GPS tracker not only enables cyclists to track their cycling activity but also to locate their stolen bikes in case of crime.
SHYSPY GPS works in much the same way as other GPS tracking devices, the unit uses a combination of a mobile SIM card along with a GPS module to accurately track the location of your bike to and deliver this data to your desktop or mobile device via a data connection.
Some of the hardware features:
- Long battery life. In passive mode (not tracking but connected to network) it can operate for 5 weeks continuously. It can also easily support a power down mode in which it will listen to external events (e.g., motion detection) and can run for months at a time (most likely even a year)
- Quad band GSM connectivity, meaning compatibility with all GSM networks.
- The first one uses hardware which is sold at a loss with a monthly contract to access the tracking data
- The second one sends tracking information to a cell phone using SMS where the user can see the coordinates and open a link in Google Maps
- Coverage: works even with connections that are not good enough for voice, and is available where other network services are not
- The network itself acts as a buffer in case one of the communicating ends has no connection
- The amount of power needed to send an SMS is much less than to e.g., set up a TCP connection over GPRS
- Point to Point communication without the need for a server with static IP address
We just had to simplify the manual process of sending SMS with a software system:SHYSPY desktop and mobile app just do that for you. and gives you the choice to choose between either GPRS or SMS tracking methods and benefit from the one that suits you better.